This low-intensity exercise strengthens the back, an especially challenging part of the body to engage because it is hard to view.
Getting in the Starting Position
Performing the Exercise
1Contract your back muscles quickly and forcefully, allowing the V-bar to pull towards your waist.
2Once the vbar has reached the maximum position towards your waist with your back still straight and vertical with respect to the bench, pinch your shoulder blades together and hold for 5 seconds.
3Release the vbar, and as it returns to the pulley machine, resist its weight.
4Return to the start position, and continue the exercise.
- To make this exercise less challenging you can start at the lowest weight or resistance of the cable attachment.
- The benefits of these exercises are increased strength and flexibility in your back.
- Potential injuries may be incurred if this exercise is performed incorrectly.
- Those with poor balance should be careful when performing this exercise.
Things You Need
- V-bars attached to a pulley machine
- Dumbbells (optional)
- Water bottles (optional)
- Towel (optional)