As soon as spring comes, the race to get the perfect beach body is on. While starting to exercise and eat healthy will have the best results when done in advance, you can still slim down for your suit in a few weeks if you cut out junk and start working out.
1Know that many body types look fantastic in a bikini. It is too easy to be sucked into the trap that only slender, 80lb women look good in a bikini. By eating right and exercising frequently you can earn a healthy body that looks good in a bikini and out. Have confidence in yourself and your body will look great.
2Understand that there are 3,500 calories in a pound of fat. The easiest way to lose weight is burn more calories then you eat. 3,500 calories is a lot less then you might think, and you can lose close to a pound a week by cutting out 500 calories while keeping your diet roughly the same if you eliminate junk food. While you don't magically lose a pound after cutting 3,500 calories, this is a good metric to keep in mind.
- A single glass of soda, a doughnut, and a single piece of fried chicken all contain anywhere from 150 - 250 calories.
- Walking or running for 2 miles burns roughly 200 calories. If you cut out your morning doughnut or soda and walk a few miles a day, you can lose close to a pound a week.
3Cut out junk food. Junk food has little nutritional value and a lot of calories. By cutting back on soda, snacks, and dessert you can kick your body into beach mode quickly.
4Eat frequent, small meals instead of 3 giant meals. Try to eat 5 small meals a day, one every 2 hours or so. Ensure you don't starve yourself, as your body needs food to actually lose weight.
- This often helps with portion control, preventing your from eating more food than you actually need.
- It takes roughly 20 minutes for you brain to register that you are full, and many people unknowingly keep eating during this time and adding calories.
5Balance your diet with mostly carbs and proteins. Make sure that 40% of your calories are from protein (chicken, fish, peanut butter, beans), 40% are from clean carbs (sweet potatoes, vegetables, brown rice, whole wheat), and that 20% is from natural fats like avocado, nuts, eggs.
6Drink plenty of water. Aim for around 2-3 liters a day. Not only will help you reduce your fat, but it'll also clear up your skin.
- Substitute water for soda and juice whenever possible.
1Run, bike, or swim for 15-20 minutes a day. Basic, easy cardio workouts burn calories and raise your metabolism, burning fat quickly. Finding time to exercise is crucial not only for a beach body but for a healthy life.
- Join a local sports team, or start playing a game with friends 1-2 a week.
- Find an exercise buddy to help motivate you to work out.
2Try interval training to burn calories and fat quickly. Do 15 minutes of high intensity interval training instead of just running to see quicker results. Start with 5 minutes of easy jogging to warm up. Then, sprint for 30 seconds sprinting as fast as you can. Without stopping, slow down for 1:00 minute at a low speed to rest. Repeat 10 times.
3Focus on your "beach muscles." To get a bikini body quickly, you may need to skip the full body workouts and focus on your abs, legs, and arms instead. All of these muscles can be easily worked out at home.
- Abs: Do , , and .
- Arms: Do , , and .
- Legs: Do , , or running up stairs.
4Lift weights 1-2 months before beach season. Your body's metabolic rate is determined by how much muscle you have, and more muscle means you burn more fat. By lifting weights you increase your metabolic rate, so you're also building muscle and burning fat when you sleep, drive or go shopping.
- While not instant, lifting weights is a great way to start seeing results in 2-3 weeks.
5Find ways to exercise during the day. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk or bike to work, and do push-ups during your breaks. To get the best results the fastest, you should find as many times as you can to burn a few calories.
Should I shave or wax my limbs and back?User ContributorBoth shaving and waxing are good options for hair removal on limbs, but shaving may be difficult on the back unless you have someone help you.
I'm in 7th grade and I'm really chunky, how do I lose weight in a week?User ContributorExercise instead of watching TV, eat healthy foods like fruits and vegetables instead of chips, and drink water instead of soda and you will start to see results in 10 days. You are still young, so consult a doctor or dietician before making any drastic changes, and don't try to lose a lot of weight in a short period of time. Instead, aim to become healthy over time.
I am currently 135 pounds and I find it hard to work out every day. How can I be motivated?Change into chlothes you think you look good in. Put on some of your favorite music to get yourself pumped and sometimes just force yourself to have fun.
How can I lose my belly fat in a week?User ContributorWikihow's article on how to burn belly fat fast may be useful.
How can I lose weight if I hate working out?User ContributorConsume fewer calories than you expend during the day.
If I don't have time to work out or if it is hard for me to eat healthier, how do I get more fit?User ContributorTry to at least cut out some of the junk food you usually eat. Whenever you have the opportunity, walk, run, or bike to where you're going instead of driving. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Even small steps like these can make a difference.
Instead of drinking water, can I drink green tea?User ContributorYes, but it depends on how much you drink. Five glasses a day can have the same effect as one soda.
- Start on your bikini body at least a month before summer. The longer you have to work on it, the better it will look.
- Work out with fun activities such as skating, basketball, bike riding, trampoline, yoga and more! But drink lots of water.
- Never use a tanning bed. It's like baking in the sun all day without sunblock, and can cause skin cancer.
- Never starve yourself in order to lose weight. It can be very dangerous and could threaten your life. Remember, confidence is beautiful.
Sources and Citations
- ↑ http://www.details.com/blogs/daily-details/2014/12/calorie-weight-loss.html
- ↑ http://www.thehealthsite.com/fitness/calorie-count-of-common-junk-food-items/
- ↑ http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/why-eating-slowly-may-help-you-feel-full-faster-20101019605
- ↑ https://experiencelife.com/article/steady-state-cardio-vs-high-intensity-interval-training/
- ↑ http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/9-tips-to-increase-metabolism.htm